Random House reveals bestselling Vintage Classics for 2012
Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird is at the top of the list, which incorporates Vintage Classics and Vintage Children’s Classics. The only Australian title to make the top 20 is Peter Carey’s The True History of the Kelly Gang.
The top 20 titles are:
- To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee)
- The Quiet American (Graham Greene)
- Brave New World (Aldous Huxley)
- The Great Gatsby (F Scott Fitzgerald)
- Catch-22 (Joseph Heller)
- The Complete Fairy Tales (Grimm Brothers)
- The Old Man and the Sea (Ernest Hemingway)
- The Secret Garden (Frances Hodgson Burnett)
- The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (John Boyne)
- Catch-22, 50th anniversary edition (Joseph Heller)
- Slaughterhouse 5 (Kurt Vonnegut)
- Anna Karenina (Leo Tolstoy)
- All Quiet on the Western Front (Erich Maria Remarque)
- Birdsong (Sebastian Faulks)
- A Farewell to Arms (Ernest Hemingway)
- The True History of the Kelly Gang (Peter Carey)
- Peter Pan (J M Barrie)
- The Silver Sword (Ian Serraillier)
- Great Expectations (Charles Dickens)
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Mark Twain).
As previously reported by Books+Publishing, HarperCollins recently launched its A&R Australian Classics series, entering an increasingly crowded classics market that includes Vintage Classics, Penguin Classics, Text Classics and Allen & Unwin’s House of Books.