Fine shortlisted for Royal Society Science Book Prize
Australia-based British author Cordelia Fine has been shortlisted for the 2017 Science Book Prize for her book Testosterone Rex: Unmaking the Myths of our Gendered Minds (Icon Books).
Fine’s book is one of six shortlisted for the prize, which is presented annually by the Royal Society in the UK for ‘outstanding popular science books’ written for a non-specialist audience.
The full shortlist is:
- In Pursuit of Memory (Joseph Jebelli, John Murray)
- Beyond Infinity (Eugenia Cheng, Profile)
- Testosterone Rex (Cordelia Fine, Icon Books)
- Other Minds (Peter Godfrey-Smith, William Collins)
- To Be a Machine (Mark O’Connell, Granta)
- I Contain Multitudes (Ed Yong, Bodley Head).
The winner, who will be awarded £25,000 (A$41,590), will be announced on 19 September.