Morris shortlisted for Glass Bell Award
In the UK, Heather Morris’ The Tattooist of Auschwitz (Echo) has been shortlisted for the Glass Bell Award.
Selected from a longlist of 12, the shortlisted titles are:
- Our House (Louise Candlish, S&S)
- The Tattooist of Auschwitz (Heather Morris, Echo)
- Snap (Belinda Bauer, Black Swan)
- The Puppet Show (M W Craven, Constable)
- Vox (Christina Dalcher, HQ)
- Swan Song (Kelleigh Greenberg-Jephcott, Cornerstone).
Presented by London bookstore Goldsboro Books, the prize celebrates the best storytelling across all genres of contemporary fiction.
Bookstore staff said: ‘Deciding on the shortlist was a lot of fun for the team. These books made us laugh, cry, gasp and stayed with us long after we’d turned the final page.’
The winner, who receives a £2000 (A$3600) cash prize and a handmade, engraved glass bell, will be announced at a party in the bookshop on 16 September.