Tan shortlisted for 2020 Kate Greenaway Medal
Shaun Tan has been shortlisted for the 2020 Kate Greenaway Medal for distinguished illustration in a book for children and young people for his book Tales from the Inner City (A&U).
The other works shortlisted for the Kate Greenaway Medal for illustration are:
- You’re Snug with Me (Chitra Soundar, illus by Poonam Mistry, Lantana Publishing)
- The Iron Man (Ted Hughes, illus by Chris Mould, Faber Child)
- The Suitcase (Chris Naylor-Ballesteros, Nosy Crow)
- The Undefeated (Kwame Alexander, illus by Kadir Nelson, Andersen Press)
- The Dam (David Almond, illus by Levi Pinfold, Walker Books)
- Mary and Frankenstein (Linda Bailey, illus by Júlia Sardà, Andersen Press)
- Child of St Kilda (Beth Waters, Child’s Play).
The works shortlisted for the Carnegie Medal for an outstanding book for children and young people are:
- The Black Flamingo (Dean Atta, illus by Anshika Khullar, Hodder Children’s Books)
- Nowhere on Earth (Nick Lake, Hodder Children’s Books)
- Lark (Anthony McGowan, Barrington Stoke)
- Patron Saints of Nothing (Randy Ribay, Little Tiger)
- Lampie (Annet Schaap, trans by Laura Watkinson, Pushkin Children’s Books)
- Voyages in the Underworld of Orpheus Black (Marcus Sedgwick & Julian Sedgwick, illus by Alexis Deacon, Walker Books)
- On the Come Up (Angie Thomas, Walker Books)
- Girl. Boy. Sea. (Chris Vick, Head of Zeus).
As previously reported by Books+Publishing, several Australian authors and illustrators were nominated for the 2020 Carnegie and Kate Greenaway medals in February this year.
The UK’s Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP) will announced the winners on 17 June. For more information about awards and CILIP, visit the website.