ANZ picture books longlisted for World Illustration Awards
A number of Australian and New Zealand picture book creators have been longlisted for the World Illustration Awards 2020.
Spanning 10 categories, the 500-strong longlist includes five ANZ illustrators nominated in the children’s publishing category. They are:
- Amy Haarhoff for The Midnight Adventures of Ruru and Kiki (written by Clare Scott, Picture Puffin)
- Sally Soweal Han for String (unpublished)
- Tania McCartney for Fauna: Australia’s Most Curious Creatures (NLA Publishing)
- Jess McGeachin for Colin Collects Colors (Little Bee Books, September 2020)
- Anna Zobel for Who’s Your Real Mum? (written by Bernadette Green, Scribble).
Now in their 45th year, the global awards have been run by the UK’s Association of Illustrators (AOI) in partnership with the Directory of Illustration in the US since 2015. A shortlist of 200 will be announced in June, with shortlisted works to be featured in a printed full-colour catalogue, distributed to curators worldwide.
Twenty winners, one ‘professional’ and one ‘new talent’ from each category, will be announced at an event in London in October. For more information about the awards, and to view the entire longlist, see the AOI website.