About the book | About the author | 10 things about the author | Sales and marketing campaign | Teachers notes | Sample chapter | Reading copy giveaway
About the book
Bestselling Australian YA author Lynette Noni returns with a new instalment in the ‘Medoran Chronicles’.
‘We all have to do our part if we’re to survive the coming storm.’
Alexandra Jennings might be the hero of the ‘Medoran Chronicles’, but she would be lost without her three closest friends. They are her heroes and, like all heroes, they each have their own story.
Meet the real D.C. in Crowns and Curses and discover how she becomes the princess Alex once despised but now adores. Follow Jordan on his healing journey in Scars and Silence as he struggles in the wake of being rescued from his living nightmare. Walk beside Bear in Hearts and Headstones as he faces an unspeakable trauma while helping his world prepare for the coming war.
D.C., Jordan and Bear are the heroes of their own stories. Now it’s time for their stories to be told.
We Three Heroes
Publication date: September 2018
Category: Young Adult
B+ Paperback (9781925700978): $19.99
eBook (9781925700923): $5.99
About the author
Lynette Noni is the bestselling Australian YA author of 2018. Akarnae, the first book in the ‘Medoran Chronicles’, was published in 2015 and her writing has quickly won over the hearts of her readers who grow more captivated with every book. She is known for crafting compelling stories that appeal to devoted fantasy fans and general-interest readers alike.
She had finished writing Vardaesia, the final book in the ‘Medoran Chronicles’, when she realised she wanted to write more about Jordan’s story and the experiences he had been through. She sent the novella to her editor for his thoughts on how they could release it and soon realised there were two more stories to tell: D.C.’s and Bear’s. And so, We Three Heroes was born.
Lynette is currently deep into the final edits of Vardaesia, due for release on 24 January 2019.
10 things you need to know about Lynette
- She’s the bestselling Australian YA author of 2018 to date.
- The ‘Medoran Chronicles’ was voted third in the Dymocks Kids’ Top 51, just behind Nevermoor and the Harry Potter series.
- The first book in her new series, Whisper, was blurbed by New York Times bestselling authors Sarah J Maas and Maria V Snyder.
- Lynette grew up on a farm in outback Australia but currently lives on the Sunshine Coast.
- She LOVES the Harry Potter series, the ‘Chronicles of Narnia’, and is obsessed with Disney movies.
- She’s a Ravenclaw (but wishes she were a Slytherin).
- Lynette once worked with a woman called Akarnae (though she spelt it differently) and the name always stayed with her.
- Lynette doesn’t plot out her books. Her characters always find a way to take the story on a different path and drag her along for the ride.
- There are currently over 55,000 copies of the ‘Medoran Chronicles’ in print in Australia and New Zealand.
- Lynette loves writing strong female characters and exploring the themes of identity, friendship and courage making her books favourites among librarians across Australia.
- We said 10 things but we lied because this is a very important point: she thinks chocolate is its own sort of magic.
Sales and marketing campaign
- Paid Instagram and Facebook campaigns serving over 500,000 impressions in September.
- Print advertising in Girlfriend magazine.
- Blog tour and promotion reaching over 100,000 YA readers.
- Fan art competition is about to launch with the winner announced early October.
- POS available for stores including posters, bookmarks and shelftalkers promoting the series.
- Digital assets available for retailers including social headers, quote tiles and videos.
Download teachers notes for Akarnae, We Three Heroes and Whisper.
Start reading We Three Heroes here.
Reading copy giveaway
For your chance to receive an advance copy of We Three Heroes email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘We Three Heroes B+P Giveaway’ in the subject line. The first 10 people to respond will receive a copy.