The winners of this year’s Children’s Book Council of Australia (CBCA) Book of the Year Awards have been announced.
The winning titles in each of the categories are:
- Take Three Girls (Cath Crowley, Fiona Wood & Simmone Howell, Pan)
- Mallee Boys (Charlie Archbold, Wakefield Press)
- In the Dark Spaces (Cally Black, Hardie Grant Egmont)
- How to Bee (Bren MacDibble, A&U)
- Henrietta and the Perfect Night (Martine Murray, A&U)
- Marsh and Me (Martine Murray, Text)
- Rodney Loses It (Michael Gerard Bauer, illus by Chrissie Krebs, Omnibus)
- The Very Noisy Baby (Alison Lester, illus by Alison Lester, Affirm)
- Hark, It’s Me, Ruby Lee! (Lisa Shanahan, illus by Binny, Hachette)
- A Walk in the Bush (Gwyn Perkins, Affirm)
- The Great Rabbit Chase (Freya Blackwood, Scholastic)
- Mopoke (Philip Bunting, Omnibus)
Eve Pownall Award for Information Books
- Do Not Lick This Book (Idan Ben-Barak, illus by Julian Frost, A&U)
- Left & Right (Lorna Hendry, Wild Dog Books)
- Koala (Claire Saxby, illus by Julie Vivas, Walker Books)
Crichton Award for Debut Illustrator
- Rovina Cai for Tintinnabula (Margo Lanagan, Hardie Grant Egmont).
To see the shortlisted titles, click here.
This year’s Children’s Book Week runs from 18-24 August with the theme ‘Find your treasure’.
For more information about the CBCA Awards and Children’s Book Week, visit the CBCA website.