ALS Gold Medal shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2013 ALS Gold Medal has been announced.
The shortlisted titles are:
- Darkness on the Edge of Town (Jessie Cole, Fourth Estate)
- Questions of Travel (Michelle de Kretser, A&U)
- Montebello (Robert Drewe, Hamish Hamilton)
- Lost Voices (Christopher Koch, Fourth Estate)
- The Fine Colour of Rust (P A O’Reilly, HarperCollins).
The winner of this year’s award will be announced at the Association for the Study of Australian Literature (ASAL) conference in Wagga, NSW, on 3 July.
As previously reported by Books+Publishing, 12 titles were longlisted for this year’s ALS Gold Medal. The award is presented annually by the ASAL for ‘a work of outstanding literary merit’ published in the previous calendar year. Gillian Mears won the 2012 ALS Gold Medal for Foal’s Bread (A&U).
For more information about the ALS Gold Medal, visit the ASAL website here.
Category: Local news