Inky Awards 2013 longlists announced
The longlists for the 2013 Inky Awards, presented by the Centre for Youth Literature at the State Library of Victoria, have been announced. The awards recognise local and international fiction, poetry, anthologies and graphic novels written for young adults.
The Gold Inky Award longlist (for an Australian book) is:
- Fire in the Sea (Myke Bartlett, Text)
- Girl Defective (Simmone Howell, Pan)
- My Life as an Alphabet (Barry Jonsberg, A&U)
- Cry Blue Murder (Kim Kane & Marion Roberts, UQP)
- Life in Outer Space (Melissa Keil, HGE)
- The Interrogation of Ashala Wolf (Ambelin Kwaymullina, Walker Books)
- A Confusion of Princes (Garth Nix, A&U)
- City (James Roy, UQP)
- Friday Brown (Vikki Wakefield, Text)
- Wildlife (Fiona Wood, Pan)
The Silver Inky Award longlist (for an international book) is:
- The Diviners (Libba Bray, A&U)
- This is Not a Test (Courtney Summers, Saint Martin’s Griffin)
- See You at Harry’s (Jo Knowles, Candlewick Press)
- Hostage Three (Nick Lake, Bloomsbury)
- Every Day (David Levithan, Text)
- The Originals (Cat Patrick, HGE)
- The Raven Boys (Maggie Stiefvater, Scholastic)
- Drama (Raina Telgemeier, Graphix)
- Code Name Verity (Elizabeth Wein, Egmont Books)
- The 5th Wave (Rick Yancey, Puffin).
Shortlists of five books in each category will be announced on 26 August and voting, which is open to members of the public aged between 12 and 20, will run from 26 August to 18 October. Winners will be announced on 20 November, with the Australian book that receives the most votes to win the Gold Inky and a cash prize, and the international book that receives the most votes to win the Silver Inky.
To read more about the Inky Awards, click here.
Category: Local news