ABA Booksellers of the Year finalists announced
The finalists for the Australian Booksellers Association (ABA) Booksellers of the Year awards have been announced.
The finalists for the Text Publishing Bookseller of the Year are:
- Karen Ferris, Berkelouw Books, Sydney
- Meera Govil, Eltham Bookshop, Melbourne
- Martin Shaw, Readings, Melbourne
- Catherine Schulz, Fullers Bookshop Hobart
- Sue Cole and Kerry McIlroy, Mary Who? Bookshop, Townsville
- Karen Wade, Dymocks Adelaide.
The finalists for the Random House Young Bookseller of the Year Award are:
- David McLaughlin, Gleebooks, Sydney
- Tarran Jones, Collins Booksellers Edwardstown, South Australia
- Amelia Lush, Better Read Than Dead, Sydney
- Thomas Saras, Better Read Than Dead, Sydney
- Louise Fay, Dymocks Adelaide.
The winners will be announced during this year’s ABA Conference on 16 June in Adelaide, along with the recipient of the Elizabeth Riley Scholarship for Children’s Bookselling and the Nielsen BookData Booksellers Choice Award.
In 2012, Meera Govil from Eltham Bookshop won the Text Publishing Bookseller of the Year Award and Megan O’Brien from Shearer’s Bookshop in Sydney won the Random House Young Bookseller of the Year Award.
Category: Local news