PM’s Literary Awards 2013 winners announced
The winners of this year’s Prime Minister’s Literary Awards were announced at a ceremony at the State Library of Queensland on 15 August—the first time the awards have been presented during a federal election campaign.
The winning titles are:
- Questions of Travel (Michelle de Kretser (A&U)
- Jam Tree Gully: Poems (John Kinsella, W W Norton)
- The Australian Moment (George Megalogenis, Viking)
Prize for Australian History
- Farewell, Dear People (Ross McMullin, Scribe)
Young adult fiction
- Fog a Dox (Bruce Pascoe, Magabala)
- Red (Libby Gleeson, A&U).
The winners of each of the categories will receive a tax-free cash prize of $80,000, with each shortlistee receiving $5000 tax-free. To see a complete list of the titles shortlisted for this year’s awards, click here.
The Prime Minister’s Literary Awards recognise the best in Australian fiction, poetry, nonfiction, history, young adult and children’s fiction published in the previous calendar year. For more information about the awards, click here.
Category: Local news