Inky Awards 2013 shortlists announced
The shortlists for the 2013 Inky Awards, presented by the Centre for Youth Literature at the State Library of Victoria, have been announced.
The shortlist for the Gold Inky Award (for an Australian book) is:
- Girl Defective (Simmone Howell, Pan)
- My Life as an Alphabet (Barry Jonsberg, A&U)
- Cry Blue Murder (Kim Kane & Marion Roberts, UQP)
- Life in Outer Space (Melissa Keil, HGE)
- Friday Brown (Vikki Wakefield, Text).
The shortlist for the Silver Inky Award (for an international book) is:
- The Diviners (Libba Bray, A&U)
- See You at Harry’s (Jo Knowles, Candlewick Press)
- The Raven Boys (Maggie Stiefvater, Scholastic)
- This is Not a Test (Courtney Summers, Saint Martin’s Griffin)
- Code Name Verity (Elizabeth Wein, Egmont Books).
Members of the public aged between 12 and 20 have until 18 October to vote for their favourite titles, ahead of the winners’ announcement on 20 November. The winner of the Gold Inky also receives a cash prize.
The Inky Awards recognise local and international fiction, poetry, anthologies and graphic novels written for young adults. To see the titles longlisted for this year’s awards, click here.
For more information, visit the Inside a Dog website here.
Category: Local news