Inky Awards 2014 longlists announced
The longlists for the 2014 Inky Awards have been announced. The awards are presented by the Centre for Youth Literature at the State Library of Victoria for local and international fiction, poetry, anthologies and graphic novels written for young adults.
The titles longlisted for the Gold Inky Award (for an Australian book) are:
- Zac & Mia (A J Betts, Text)
- All This Could End (Steph Bowe, Text)
- Steal My Sunshine (Emily Gale, Woolshed Press)
- The Whole of My World (Nicole Hayes, Woolshed Press)
- These Broken Stars (Amie Kaufman & Megan Spooner, A&U)
- The First Third (Will Kostakis, Penguin)
- Every Breath (Ellie Marney, A&U)
- Fairytales for Wilde Girls (Allyse Near, Random House)
- Run (Tim Sinclair, Penguin)
- The Sky So Heavy (Claire Zorn, UQP).
The titles longlisted for the Silver Inky Award (for an international book) are:
- All the Truth That’s in Me (Julie Berry, HarperCollins)
- Where the Stars Still Shine (Trish Doller, Bloomsbury)
- Seraphina (Rachel Hartman, Corgi Children’s)
- When We Wake (Karen Healey, A&U)
- Two Boys Kissing (David Levithan, Text)
- Acid (Emma Pass, Corgi Children’s)
- Man Made Boy (Jon Skovron, A&U)
- Winger (Andrew Smith, S&S)
- Wild Awake (Hilary T Smith, HGE)
- Lockwood & Co: The Screaming Staircase (Jonathan Stroud, Doubleday Children’s).
Shortlists of five books in each category will be announced in August and voting, which is open to members of the public aged between 12 and 20, will run throughout August until 5 October. Winners will be announced on 21 October, with the Australian book that receives the most votes to win the Gold Inky and a cash prize, and the international book that receives the most votes to win the Silver Inky.
For more information about this year’s longlists, visit the Inside a Dog website here.
Category: Local news