Penguin, McGrath Foundation to launch second series of Pink Popular Penguins
Penguin Books Australia will publish a second series of Pink Popular Penguins to raise money for the McGrath Foundation.
Penguin will publish eight new Pink Popular Penguins on 23 April, following the 12 titles previously published in March 2013. The Pink Popular Penguins are priced at $9.95, and $1 from the sale of each book is donated to the McGrath Foundation, which aims to increase breast health awareness and ensure that Australian families experiencing breast cancer have access to breast case nurses.
The eight new titles in the Pink Popular Penguins range are:
- Lola’s Secret (Monica McInerney)
- Textbook Romance (Zoe Foster & Hamish Blake)
- Around the World in Eighty Days (Jules Verne)
- The Lucy Family Alphabet (Judith Lucy)
- Obernewtyn (Isobelle Carmody)
- Picnic at Hanging Rock (Joan Lindsay)
- Seven Little Australians (Ethel Turner)
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (L Frank Baum).
Penguin marketing and digital director Sally Bateman told Books+Publishing that the first series of Pink Popular Penguins raised $90,000 for the McGrath Foundation. Bateman said that the second series ‘features a selection of our most popular titles and, with $1 from the sale of every book going to the McGrath Foundation, they are the perfect gift for Mother’s Day’.
Category: Local news