John Button Prize 2014 longlist announced
The longlist for the 2014 John Button Prize for writing on policy and politics has been announced.
The longlisted titles are:
- Hearts & Minds: A Blueprint for Modern Labor (Chris Bowen, MUP)
- Anzac’s Long Shadow (James Brown, Black Inc.)
- Diary of a Foreign Minister (Bob Carr, NewSouth)
- Dangerous Allies (Malcolm Fraser, with Cain Roberts, MUP)
- Quarterly Essay 50, Unfinished Business: Sex, Freedom and Misogyny (Anna Goldsworthy, Black Inc.)
- End of the Road (Gideon Haigh, Penguin)
- Why We Argue about Climate Change (Eric Knight, Black Inc.)
- Battlers and Billionaires: The Story of Inequality in Australia (Andrew Leigh, Black Inc.)
- The Reef: A Passionate History (Iain McCalman, Penguin)
- Quarterly Essay 53, That Sinking Feeling: Asylum Seekers and the Search for the Indonesian Solution (Paul Toohey, Black Inc.).
The winner of the $20,000 prize will be announced on 23 August during the Melbourne Writers Festival.
Last year’s prize was awarded to David Marr’s Quarterly Essay 47, Political Animal: The Making of Tony Abbott (Black Inc.).
For more information about the award, click here.
Category: Local news