Inky Awards 2014 shortlists announced
The shortlists for the 2014 Inky Awards have been announced.
The awards are presented by the Centre for Youth Literature at the State Library of Victoria for local and international fiction, poetry, anthologies and graphic novels written for young adults.
The titles shortlisted for the Gold Inky Award (for an Australian book) are:
- These Broken Stars (Amie Kaufman & Megan Spooner, A&U)
- The First Third (Will Kostakis, Penguin)
- Every Breath (Ellie Marney, A&U)
- Fairytales for Wilde Girls (Allyse Near, Random House)
- The Sky So Heavy (Claire Zorn, UQP).
The titles shortlisted for the Silver Inky Award (for an international book) are:
- All the Truth That’s in Me (Julie Berry, HarperCollins)
- Seraphina (Rachel Hartman, Corgi Children’s)
- Acid (Emma Pass, Corgi Children’s)
- Man Made Boy (Jon Skovron, A&U)
- Lockwood & Co: The Screaming Staircase (Jonathan Stroud, Doubleday Children’s).
Voting, which is open to members of the public aged between 12 and 20, will run until 5 October, and winners will be announced on 21 October. The Australian book that receives the most votes will win the Gold Inky and a cash prize, and the international book that receives the most votes will win the Silver Inky.
Category: Local news