Bragg UNSW Press Prize for Science Writing 2014 shortlist announced
The shortlist for this year’s Bragg UNSW Press Prize for Science Writing has been announced.
The shortlisted pieces are:
- ‘Eleven Grams of Trouble’ by Frank Bowden (Inside Story)
- ‘TB and Me: A Medical Souvenir’ by Jo Chandler (The Global Mail)
- ‘Weathering the Storm’ by Peter Meredith (Australian Geographic)
- ‘Is There Room for Organics?’ by James Mitchell Crow (Cosmos)
- ‘The Quantum Spinmeister: Professor Andrea Morello’ by Stephen Pincock (Cosmos).
The winners of this year’s prize will be announced on 6 November. The overall winner will receive a cash prize of $7000 and two runners up will each receive a cash prize of $1500. All shortlisted work will be published in the forthcoming anthology The Best Australian Science Writing 2014 (ed by Ashley Hay, November).
The Bragg UNSW Press Prize for Science is presented by NewSouth Publishing for short nonfiction pieces of science writing that have been written for a general audience. Last year, the prize was awarded to Fred Watson for his piece ‘Here Come the Ubernerds: Planets, Pluto and Prague’, published in his book Star-Craving Mad: Tales from a travelling astronomer (A&U).
For more information about the prize, visit the NewSouth Publishing website here.
Category: Local news