Victorian Premier’s Literary Awards 2015 shortlists announced
The 2015 Victorian Premier’s Literary awards shortlists have been announced.
The shortlisted titles are:
- Only the Animals (Ceridwen Dovey, Penguin)
- Golden Boys (Sonya Hartnett, Penguin)
- The Snow Kimono (Mark Henshaw, Text)
- Demons (Wayne Macauley, Text)
- N (John A Scott, Brandl & Schlesinger)
- To Name Those Lost (Rohan Wilson, A&U)
- The Europeans in Australia: Volume Three: Nation (Alan Atkinson, NewSouth)
- Acute Misfortune: The Life and Death of Adam Cullen (Erik Jensen, Black Inc.)
- Darwin (Tess Lea, NewSouth)
- Where Song Began (Tim Low, Penguin)
- The Tainted Trial of Farah Jama (Julie Szego, Wild Dingo Press)
- The Bush (Don Watson, Penguin)
- Bed for All Who Come (Susan Bradley Smith, Five Islands Press)
- The Beautiful Anxiety (Jill Jones, Puncher & Wattman)
- Radiance (Andy Kissane, Puncher & Wattman)
- Razorhurst (Justine Larbalestier, A&U)
- The Cracks in the Kingdom (Jaclyn Moriarty, Pan Macmillan)
- The Protected (Claire Zorn, UQP)
- Resplendence (Angus Cerini)
- Mayakovsky (Alison Croggon)
- The Long Way Home (Daniel Keene).
The winners will be announced at a ceremony in Melbourne on 28 January 2015. The winner of each category is awarded $25,000 and goes into the running for the Victorian Prize for Literature, worth $100,000. As previously reported by Books+Publishing, Jennifer Maiden was awarded the 2014 Victorian Prize for Literature for Liquid Nitrogen (Giramondo).
For more information about the awards, visit the Wheeler Centre website here.
Category: Local news