Indie Awards 2015 shortlists announced
The shortlists for the 2015 Indie Awards, presented by Leading Edge Books, have been announced.
The shortlisted titles in each category are:
- When the Night Comes (Favel Parrett, Hachette)
- Amnesia (Peter Carey, Hamish Hamilton)
- Golden Boys (Sonya Hartnett, Hamish Hamilton)
- The Rosie Effect (Graeme Simsion, Text)
- This House of Grief (Helen Garner, Text)
- The Bush (Don Watson, Hamish Hamilton)
- Where Song Began (Tim Low, Viking)
- Cadence (Emma Ayres, ABC Books)
- Lost & Found (Brooke Davis, Hachette)
- Foreign Soil (Maxine Beneba Clark, Hachette)
- The Strays (Emily Bitto, Affirm Press)
- After Darkness (Christine Piper, A&U)
- The 52-Storey Treehouse (Andy Griffiths & Terry Denton, Pan Macmillan)
- Pig the Pug (Aaron Blabey, Scholastic)
- Withering by Sea (Judith Rossell, ABC Books)
- Laurinda (Alice Pung, Black Inc.).
The 16 shortlisted titles were nominated by Leading Edge Books members from around the country. A panel of Leading Edge booksellers will select the Indie Award winner in each category, and the overall Book of the Year Award will be voted on by all Leading Edge Books members.
The Indie Awards will be announced at an event in Sydney on 25 March. The awards have been presented annually since 2008. Previous winners of the Book of the Year Award include Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan (Vintage) in 2014; The Light between Oceans by M L Stedman (Vintage) in 2013; and All That I Am by Anna Funder (Penguin) in 2012.
Category: Local news