Ngaio Marsh Award 2015 longlist announced
The longlist for this year’s Ngaio Marsh Award for New Zealand crime fiction has been announced.
The longlisted titles are:
- Drowning City (Ben Atkins, Random House)
- Five Minutes Alone (Paul Cleave, Penguin)
- Databyte (Cat Connor, Rebel ePublishers)
- The Petticoat Men (Barbara Ewing, Head of Zeus)
- A History of Crime: The Southern Double-cross (Dinah Holman, Ravensbourne Books)
- Trilemma, (Jennifer Mortimer, Oceanview Publishing)
- Swimming in the Dark (Paddy Richardson, Upstart Press)
- The Children’s Pond (Tina Shaw, Pointer Press)
- Fallout (Paul Thomas, Upstart Press).
A shortlist will be announced in May and the winner will be announced at the WORD Christchurch Writers and Readers Festival in August.
The Ngaio Marsh Award for Best Crime Novel recognises excellence in New Zealand crime, mystery and thriller writing, and is awarded to the best novel published in the preceding year. The award is named after Christchurch crime writer Dame Ngaio Marsh.
To learn more about the award, click here.
Category: Local news