‘The Lifted Brow’ Prize for Experimental Nonfiction shortlist announced
Melbourne-based publisher and literary magazine the Lifted Brow has announced the shortlist for its Prize for Experimental Nonfiction.
The shortlisted works are:
- Sophia O’Rourke for ‘Flaming June: Still Life and the Anthroposcene’
- Scott Sandwich for ‘Music Begins Where the Possibilities of Language Ends’
- Harry Saddler for ‘Thought Experiment’
- Oscar Schwartz for ‘Humans Pretending to be Computers Pretending to be Human’
- Caroline Crew for ‘Slipcover’.
As previously reported by Books+Publishing, the $1000 prize seeks to ‘unearth new, audacious, authentic and/or inauthentic voices’ from Australia and around the world. The award will be judged by local author Rebecca Giggs and US writers John D’Agata and Mallory Ortberg, and the winner will be announced to coincide with the relaunch of the print magazine in March. To view the longlist, click here.
Category: Local news