OzCo VIP Program guests announced for SWF 2015
The Australia Council for the Arts has announced the guests attending the 2015 Visiting International Publishers (VIP) Program, to be held during the Sydney Writers’ Festival in May.
The visiting international guests for 2015 are:
- Christine Scholz, editor of Foreign Fiction, Fleuve Editions in France
- Britta Hansen, editor-in-chief, Diana Verlag (Random House) in Germany
- S Anand, publisher, Navayana in India
- Manasi Subramaniam, commissioning editor and rights manager, HarperCollins in India
- José Prata, founder and publisher, Lua de Papel in Portugal
- Jungha Song, acquisition and foreign rights senior manager, Sigongsa in South Korea
- Annelie Geissler, literary agent, Mohrbooks in Switzerland
- Violet Cheong, rights manager, Commonwealth Publishing Group in Taiwan
- Sam Carter, commissioning editor, Oneworld Publications in the UK
- Petra Sluka, scout in the UK
- Carole Welch, publishing director, Sceptre (Hachette) in the UK
- Elizabeth Bicknell, executive vice president and editorial director, Candlewick Press in the US
- Sarah Branham, senior editor, Simon & Schuster in the US
- Anne Hoppe, editor, Clarion Books in the US
- Daniel Lazar, agent, Writers House in the US
- Carmen Diana Dearden, editor, publisher and president of Ediciones Ekaré in Venezuela.
The VIP Program aims to promote rights sales of Australian titles in overseas markets and to strengthen the links between Australian and overseas publishers. Each year the program alternates between the Sydney and the Adelaide writers’ festivals.
This year’s program features 16 international guests, up from 12 last year, with ‘additional publishers from priority markets in India, Taiwan and Korea, thanks to support from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade’.
The program also includes a dedicated day for small and emerging publishers.
Registration for the program is now open. More information about the program and guests can be found on the Australia Council website here.
Category: Local news