Aurealis Award winners announced
The 2014 Aurealis Award winners were announced at a ceremony in Canberra on Saturday 11 April.
The winning titles were:
- Dreamer’s Pool (Juliet Marillier, Pan Macmillan)
- Peacemaker (Marianne de Pierres, Angry Robot)
Young adult novel
- The Cracks in the Kingdom (Jaclyn Moriarty, Pan Macmillan)
- Shadow Sister: Dragon Keeper (Carole Wilkinson, Black Dog Books)
- Razorhurst (Justine Larbalestier, A&U)
- Kaleidoscope: Diverse YA Science Fiction and Fantasy Stories (ed by Alisa Krasnostein & Julia Rios, Twelfth Planet Press)
- The Female Factory (Lisa L Hannett & Angela Slatter, Twelfth Planet Press)
Graphic novel / illustrated work
- Mr Unpronounceable and the Sect of the Bleeding Eye (Tim Molloy, Milk Shadow Books)
Fantasy short story
- ‘St Dymphna’s School for Poison Girls’ (Angela Slatter, The Review of Australian Fiction, Volume 9, Issue 3)
Science-fiction short story
- ‘Wine, Women and Stars’ (Thoraiya Dyer, Analog Volume CXXXIV, Nos 1&2 Jan/Feb)
Horror short story
- ‘Home and Hearth’ (Angela Slatter, Home and Hearth, Spectral Press)
Young adult short story
- ‘Vanilla’ (Dirk Flinthart, Kaleidoscope, Twelfth Planet Press).
The full list of 2014 finalists is available here.
To see the winners of last year’s Aurealis Awards, click here.
Category: Local news