PANZ Book Design Awards 2015 shortlists announced
The shortlists for the Publishers Association of New Zealand (PANZ) Book Design Awards, including the PANZ Young Designer of the Year Award, have been announced.
The titles shortlisted in the best designed cover category are:
- The Curioseum: Collected Stories of the Odd and Marvellous (ed by Adrienne Jansen, illus by Sarah Laing, Te Papa Press), designed by Sarah Laing
- Depot: The Biography of a Restaurant (Al Brown, Random House NZ), designed by Gary Stewart (The Gas Project)
- Essential New Zealand Poems (Ed by Siobhan Harvey, James Norcliffe & Harry Ricketts, Random House NZ), cover designed by Alan Deare, interior designed by Megan van Staden
- Hello Girls and Boys! (David Veart, Auckland University Press), cover designed by Gideon Keith (Seven), interior designed by Katrina Duncan
- Ko Tautoro Te Pito o Tōku Ao: A Ngāpuhi Narrative Hōne Sadler (Auckland University Press), cover designed by Johnson Witehira, interior designed by Katrina Duncan.
The awards also include categories for best children’s book, best illustrated book, best non-illustrated book, best educational book, best typography and best cookbook. The shortlists can be found online here. One of the seven category winners will also receive the Gerard Reid Award for Best Book.
Also shortlisted for this year’s awards are book designers Anna Egan-Reid, Jessica Gommers and Carla Sy, who are in the running for the PANZ Young Designer of the Year Award.
The winners of the 2015 PANZ Book Design Awards will be announced at an awards ceremony in Auckland on 16 July.
Category: Local news