NT Literary Awards 2015 finalists announced
The Northern Territory Library has announced the finalists for the Northern Territory (NT) Literary Awards.
The 2015 finalists are:
- ‘Stranger in Paradise’ (Barbara Eather)
- ‘It’s a Privilege to Live in Arrernte Country’ (Jo Dutton)
- ‘Hoarfrost’ (Kirsten McKillop)
- ‘Rita’s Baby’ (Nina Divich)
- ‘IN OUR TENT’ (James Purtill)
- ‘Precipitation’ (Kelly Lee Hickey)
- ‘The road at night’ (Leni Shilton)
- ‘territory night’ (Penny Drysdale)
Travel short stories
- ‘Fire in the Furnace’ (Barbara Eather)
- ‘Grenada, 2006.’ (Roland Dyrting)
- ‘Not at the end of the world: creation stories and apocalypse in Alexis Wright’s “Carpentaria” and “The Swan Book”’ (Adelle Barry)
- ‘On "Capriccio": the Lost Poems of Ted Hughes’ (Dina Davis)
- ‘Writing the landscape as a personal journal’ (Leni Shilton)
- ‘The Ark of the Covenant—A Practical Study’ (Scott Savage)
- ‘Mummy, Mummy’ (Ciara Bellis)
- ‘Any Ordinary Morning’ (Hamish Wiltshire)
- ‘Yellow’ (Ka Wai (Micki) Teng)
- ‘You sent me a post card from Mexico’ (Kierra-Jay Power)
- ‘Lulwa’ (Lauren Northcote)
- ‘Beyond the Memories’ (Melinda Mees)
- Tarzy Boy vs Arch-ee Pong!! (Lee Frank)
- The Life and Death of Dr Patmore (Levin A Diatschenko)
- Untitled (Luke Scholes)
- ‘Rain’ (Bronte Phillips)
- ‘Chapel’ (Fernanda Dahlstrom)
- ‘A Cat’ (Fernanda Dahlstrom)
- ‘Strange Talk’ (Fiona Black)
- ‘Mirror Mirror’ (Kaye Hall)
- ‘The feel of men close up’ (Natalie Sprite).
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony at the library on 30 July. The winners of each category will also receive a cash prize and a NT Writers’ Centre membership.
The NT Literary Awards are held annually to celebrate ‘unpublished works by NT writers’ and provide emerging writers with ‘a valuable platform … to gain public recognition’. Last year’s winners were announced alongside the biennial Territory Read Awards, which will be held again in 2016.
For more information on the awards, visit the Northern Territory Department of Arts and Museums here.
Category: Local news