Dymocks Glenelg wins top award at Dymocks national conference
Dymocks Glenelg in Adelaide has won the Chairman’s Award for Retail Excellence at this year’s Dymocks national conference, which was held in Surfers Paradise from 16-18 August.
Awards were also presented to a number of other Dymocks stores and staff. They were:
- Individual excellence in bookselling: Rob McHugh, Dymocks Sydney
- Personal excellence: Sophie Higgins, national buying and digital manager
- Team excellence: Dymocks marketing team
- Excellence in bookselling: Dymocks Nowra
- Excellence in local area marketing: Dymocks Hobart
- Excellence in visual merchandising: Dymocks Penrith
- Booklover champions: Dymocks North Lakes.
Random House was named publisher of the year, NewSouth Books was chosen as specialist supplier of the year, and book of the year went to Girl on the Train (Paula Hawkins, Doubleday).
More than 150 franchisees and suppliers attended the awards, which were presented at a dinner on 18 August. Dymocks MD Steve Cox also congratulated a number of franchisees celebrating their anniversaries, including Bendigo, Coffs Harbour, Brisbane and Albury (10 years); Bundaberg and Lane Cove (20 years); and Penrith, Nowra, and Garden City Booragoon (25 years).