Whitley Awards 2015 winner announced
Royal Zoological Society of NSW has announced the winner of the 2015 Whitley Awards and its commended titles.
The Whitley Medal was awarded to Biology and Evolution of Crocodylians (Gordon Grigg & David Kirshner, CSIRO Publishing).
Certificates of commendation were also awarded to the following titles:
- Children’s Book: Emu (Claire Saxby, illus by Graham Byrne, Walker Books)
- Children’s Series: ‘That’s Bizarre’ (Stella Tarakson, Pascal Press)
- Popular Zoology: Where Song Began (Tim Low, Viking)
- Zoological Resource: The Action Plan for Australian Mammals 2012 (John Woinarski, Andrew Burbidge & Peter Harrison, CSIRO Publishing)
- Zoological Text: Carnivores of Australia (Alistair Glen & Christopher Dickman, CSIRO Publishing)
- Illustrated Text: Pigeons and Doves in Australia (Joseph Forshaw, illus by William Cooper, CSIRO Publishing)
- Periodical: Australian Birdlife (ed by Sean Dooley, Australian Birdlife)
- Conservation Biology: Advances in Reintroduction Biology of Australian and New Zealand Fauna (Doug Armstrong et al, CSIRO Publishing)
- Illustrated Guide: The Reef Finder (Russell Kelley, BYO Guides)
- Natural History/Guide: A Guide to the Spiders of Australia (Volker W Framenau, Barbara C Baehr & Paul Zborowski, New Holland).
The Whitley Awards are presented for outstanding print or electronic publications that contain information relating to the fauna of the Australasian region. More information about the awards can be found here.
Category: Local news