Scribe nonfiction prize 2015 shortlist announced
Scribe has announced the shortlist for its third annual nonfiction prize for young writers.
The shortlisted entries are:
- ‘A Liberal View’ by Patrick Mullins
- ‘Eating With My Mouth Open’ by Samantha van Zweden
- ‘In My Own Tongue’ by Clem Moriscot
- ‘Machine Highs’ by Drew Rooke
- ‘Match Fixing: Arranged Marriages in Australia’ by Zoya Patel
- ‘Something To Be Tiptoed Around Until It Goes Away’ by Emma Marie Jones.
The prize, run in conjunction with Express Media, offers the winner a cash prize of $1500; a meeting with an editor or publisher at Scribe; up to 10 hours of editorial time to develop a piece to Scribe’s publication standard or into a book-length project; and a 12-month subscription to Scribe consisting of one new-release nonfiction title each month.
The winner will be announced at the Express Media Awards at the Wheeler Centre on 3 December.
For more information about the award, visit the Express Media website here.
Category: Local news