Grattan Institute releases PM summer reading list
Australian public policy think tank Grattan Institute has released its annual summer reading list for the Prime Minister.
The list contains ‘books and articles that the Prime Minister, or any Australian interested in public debate, will find both stimulating and cracking good reads’. The titles are:
- Warrior: A Legendary Leader’s Dramatic Life and Violent Death on the Colonial Frontier (Libby Connors, A&U)
- Coming of Age: Growing up Muslim in Australia (ed by Amra Pajalic & Demet Divaroren, A&U)
- Creating Cities (Marcus Westbury, self-published)
- Other People’s Money: Masters of the Universe or Servants of the People? (John Kay, Profile Books)
- ‘Rising Inequality: A Benign Outgrowth of Markets or a Symptom of Cancerous Political Favours?’ (Paul Frijters & Gigi Foster, published in the Australian Economic Review)
- Love Poems and Death Threats (Samuel Wagan Watson, UQP).
The Grattan Institute will launch the list at an event at the State Library of Victoria on 15 December with CEO John Daley and ABC presenter Virginia Trioli.
For more information, visit the Grattan Institute website here.
Tags: Grattan Institute
Category: Local news