Asher Award 2015 shortlist announced
The shortlist for this year’s Asher Literary Award, presented to a female writer whose work carries an anti-war theme, has been announced.
The shortlisted titles are:
- Broken Nation (Joan Beaumont, A&U)
- Warrior (Libby Connors, A&U)
- ANZAC: The Unauthorised Biography (Carolyn Holbrook, NewSouth)
- The Golden Age (Joan London, Vintage)
- Holiday in Cambodia (Laura Jean McKay, Black Inc.)
- My Gallipoli (Ruth Starke & Robert Hannaford, Working Title Press).
The winner of this year’s award, which is worth $12,000, will be announced at an event on 8 December in Sydney. The biennial award is administered by the Australian Society of Authors on behalf of the Australia Council and was last presented in 2013 to Belinda Castles’ Hannah and Emil (A&U).
Category: Local news