Indie Awards 2016 shortlists announced
Leading Edge Books has announced the shortlists for the 2016 Indie Book Awards.
The shortlisted titles in each category are:
- A Guide to Berlin (Gail Jones, Vintage)
- The Natural Way of Things (Charlotte Wood, A&U)
- The Other Side of the World (Stephanie Bishop, Hachette)
- The Secret Chord (Geraldine Brooks, Hachette)
- Flesh Wounds (Richard Glover, ABC Books)
- One Life (Kate Grenville, Text)
- Reckoning: A Memoir (Magda Szubanski, Text)
- The Anti-Cool Girl (Rosie Waterland, HarperCollins)
- Relativity (Antonia Hayes, Viking)
- Rush Oh! (Shirley Barrett, Picador)
- Salt Creek (Lucy Treloar, Picador)
- The Anchoress (Robyn Cadwallader, HarperCollins)
- Olive of Groves (Katrina Nannestad & Lucia Masciullo, ABC Books)
- The 65-Storey Treehouse (Andy Griffiths & Terry Denton, Pan)
- The Bad Guys, Episode 1 (Aaron Blabey, Scholastic)
- The Singing Bones (Shaun Tan, A&U)
- Cloudwish (Fiona Wood, Macmillan)
- Prince of Afghanistan (Louis Nowra, A&U)
- Ranger’s Apprentice: The Early Years 1: The Tournament at Gorlan (John Flanagan, Random House)
- Soon (Morris Gleitzman, Viking).
The shortlisted titles were chosen from longlists announced in December.
This year’s awards include a new young adult category. Previously, young adult titles were included in the children’s category.
The category winners and the Book of the Year will be announced at an awards ceremony in Sydney on 23 March.
To see last year’s winners, click here.
Category: Local news