Norma K Hemming Award 2016 shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2016 Norma K Hemming Award has been announced.
The award is presented by the Australian Science Fiction Foundation for a work of speculative fiction published in Australia or written by an Australian citizen that explores the themes of race, gender, sexuality, class or disability.
The shortlisted books are:
- The Fire Sermon (Francesca Haig, HarperVoyager)
- Formaldehyde (Jane Rawson, Seizure)
- The Hush (Skye Melki-Wegner, Random House)
- The Orchid Nursery (Louise Katz, Lacuna Publishing)
- The Pyramids of London (Andrea K Höst, self-published)
- Theophilus Grey and the Demon Thief (Catherine Jinks, A&U)
- Welcome to Orphancorp (Marlee Jane Ward, Seizure).
The winner will be announced at the Australian National Science Fiction Convention: Contact2016 in Brisbane on 27 March.
Last year’s winner was Paddy O’Reilly for The Wonders (Affirm Press), with the judges also awarding an honourable mention to runner-up The Female Factory (Lisa L Hannett & Angela Slatter, Twelfth Planet).
For more information, visit the website here.
Category: Local news