Ashurst Business Literature Prize 2015 shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2015 Ashurst Business Literature Prize has been announced.
The shortlisted titles are:
- The Rise and Fall of Gunns Ltd (Quentin Beresford, NewSouth)
- Penguin and the Lane Brothers: The Untold Story of a Publishing Revolution (Stuart Kells, Black Inc.)
- Frank Lowy: A Second Life (Jill Margo, HarperCollins)
- Mayday: How Warring Egos Forced Qantas Off Course (Matt O’Sullivan, Penguin)
- Takeover: Foreign Investment and the Australian Psyche (David Uren, Black Inc.).
The winner of the $30,000 prize will be announced on 12 April.
Judging panel chair Alan Cameron said in a statement: ‘The judges were gratified by the large number of entries, but especially by their high quality. Numerous entries could have been longlisted. The task of settling even a shortlist of five was as difficult as it has ever been in the 13 year history of the prize.’
Last year’s winner of the Ashurst Business Literature Prize was Andrew Burrell’s Twiggy: The High Stakes Life of Andrew Forrest (Black Inc.).
Category: Local news