Readings Children’s Book Prize 2016 shortlist announced
The shortlist for the Readings Children’s Book Prize for 2016 has been announced.
The shortlisted titles are:
- 88 Lime Street (Denise Kirby, Omnibus)
- The Bad Guys (Aaron Blabey, Scholastic)
- The Cat with the Coloured Tail (Gillian Mears, illus by Dinalie Dabarera, Walker Books)
- Mister Cassowary (Samantha Wheeler, UQP)
- Run, Pip, Run (J C Jones, A&U)
- Samurai vs Ninja: The Battle for the Golden Egg (Nick Falk, illus by Tony Flowers, Random House).
The shortlist was chosen by Readings children’s book specialists Angela Crocombe, Athina Clarke, Alexa Dretzke, Isobel Moore and Holly Harper. Children’s author Sally Rippin will join the panel to choose the winner.
The Readings Children’s Book Prize was established in 2014 to ‘recognise and celebrate books that children love to read or families love reading together’. It only considers books by authors who have published no more than four children’s books for five- to 12-year-olds to ‘raise the profile of debut and on-the-rise Australian authors’.
For more information, click here.