Inky Awards 2016 longlists announced
The longlists for the 2016 Inky Awards have been announced. The awards are presented by the Centre for Youth Literature at the State Library of Victoria for local and international fiction, poetry, anthologies and graphic novels written for young adults.
The titles longlisted for the Gold Inky Award (for an Australian book) are:
- Clancy of the Undertow (Christopher Currie, Text)
- The Flywheel (Erin Gough, Hardie Grant Egmont)
- Illuminae (Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff, A&U)
- Sister Heart (Sally Morgan, Fremantle Press)
- Carousel (Brendan Ritchie, Fremantle Press)
- Inbetween Days (Vikki Wakefield, Text)
- Zeroes (Scott Westerfeld, Margo Lanagan & Deborah Biancotti, A&U)
- Green Valentine (Lili Wilkinson, A&U)
- The Guy, the Girl, the Artist and His Ex (Gabrielle Williams, A&U)
- Cloudwish (Fiona Wood, Macmillan)
The titles longlisted for the Silver Inky Award (for an international book) are:
- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda (Becky Albertalli, Penguin)
- A Court of Thorns and Roses (Sarah J Maas, Bloomsbury)
- Dumplin’ (Julie Murphy, Penguin)
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here (Patrick Ness, Walker Books)
- I’ll Give You the Sun (Jandy Nelson, Walker Books)
- All the Bright Places (Jennifer Niven, Penguin)
- The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly (Stephanie Oakes, HarperCollins)
- Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer (Rick Riordan, Puffin)
- The Marvels (Brian Selznick, Scholastic)
- Made You Up (Francesca Zappia, HarperCollins).
Shortlists of five books in each category will be announced on 16 August and voting, which is open to members of the public aged between 12 and 20, will run until 18 September. Winners will be announced on 4 October, with the Australian book that receives the most votes to win the Gold Inky and a cash prize, and the international book that receives the most votes to win the Silver Inky.
For more information about this year’s longlists, visit the Inside a Dog website here.