Ngaio Marsh Award 2016 longlist announced
The longlist for this year’s Ngaio Marsh Award for New Zealand crime fiction has been announced.
The longlisted titles are:
- Inside the Black Horse (Ray Berard, Mary Egan Publishing)
- Made to Kill (Adam Christopher, Titan Books)
- Trust No One (Paul Cleave, Upstart Press)
- Starlight Peninsula (Charlotte Grimshaw, Vintage NZ)
- Cold Hard Murder (Trish McCormack, Glacier Press)
- The Legend of Winstone Blackhat (Tanya Moir, Vintage NZ)
- The Mistake (Grant Nicol, Number Thirteen Press)
- American Blood (Ben Sanders, A&U)
- Something is Rotten (Adam Sarafis, Echo Publishing).
The award is judged by crime-writing experts from New Zealand, Australia, the US, UK and Nordic countries. The shortlist will be announced in late July and the winner will be announced at the WORD Christchurch Writers and Readers Festival on 27 August.
The Ngaio Marsh Award is presented annually for the best crime, mystery or thriller novels written by New Zealand citizens and residents. The award is named after Christchurch crime writer Ngaio Marsh.
For more information, click here.
Category: Local news