2016 Chief Minister’s Book of the Year shortlist announced
The Northern Territory Writers’ Centre has announced the shortlist for the Chief Minister’s Book of the Year, as part of this year’s Territory Read Awards.
The shortlisted titles are:
- Nona and Me (Clare Atkins, Black Inc.)
- Highway of Lost Hearts (Mary Anne Butler, Currency Press)
- My Two Blankets (Irena Kobald, illus by Freya Blackwood, Little Hare)
- Being Martha’s Friend (Meg Mooney, Picaro Press)
- Tambora (Derek Pugh, self-published)
- The Burning Elephant (Chris Raja, Giramondo)
A shortlist will not be released for the other two categories: best nonfiction book and best YA or children’s fiction book.
The Territory Read Awards are presented biennially. The awards recognise books published in 2014 or 2015 by a writer living in the Northern Territory.
The winners of the Territory Read Awards will be announced on 27 July at the State Library of Darwin. The total prize money in 2016 is $9000.
For more information on the awards, visit the Northern Territory Writers’ Centre website here.
Category: Local news