Dymocks Glenelg wins top award at Dymocks conference for second year in a row
For the second year in a row Dymocks Glenelg in Adelaide has won the Chairman’s Award for Retail Excellence at the Dymocks national conference, which this year was held on the Gold Coast from 17-19 July.
Dymocks MD Steve Cox paid tribute to owners Richard and Jennifer Bednall and staff for ‘their dedicated effort to the continued success of the business’.
- Excellence in bookselling: Dymocks Adelaide
- Excellence in advertising and marketing: Dymocks Brisbane
- Excellence in visual merchandising: Dymocks Canberra
- Booklover champions: Dymocks Doncaster
- Individual excellence in bookselling: Adam McArthur, Dymocks Brisbane
- Individual excellence: Scott French, Regional Business Development Manager (Qld, ACT, Tas)
- Team excellence: Dymocks ICT team
- Dymocks Children’s Charities Award for best fundraising store: Dymocks Brisbane
Allen & Unwin was named publisher of the year, Thames & Hudson was named specialist supplier of the year, and Anthony Doerr’s All the Light We Cannot See (HarperCollins) was named book of the year.
Over 150 franchisees and suppliers attended the awards, which were presented at a dinner on 19 July. Cox also congratulated a number of franchisees celebrating their anniversaries, including Warringah Mall (30 years); Adelaide (25 years); Glen Waverly (20 years) and Neutral Bay (10 years).