Scribe Nonfiction Prize for Young Writers shortlist announced
Scribe and Express Media have announced the shortlist for this year’s Scribe Nonfiction Prize for Young Writers.
The shortlisted writers and their works are:
- Michelle Balogh, ‘Shan-Yi’
- Lech Blaine, ‘iGrief’
- Katerina Bryant, ‘A Pig in Mud’
- Emily Clements, ‘The Lotus Eaters’
- Jamie-Lee Dwyer, ‘Zig-Zag (part two)’
- Deserae Horswood, ‘My Parents’ Ashes are in the Boot of My Car’
- Anastasia Kanjere, ‘The Lighted Door’
- Anna Jacobson, ‘How to Knit a Human’
- Louise Jaques, ‘Go Gentle’
- Sam Robertson, ‘Containing Multitudes’
- Ellena Savage, ‘Blueberries’
- Ronnie Scott, ‘Sights’
- Bert Spinks, ‘On a Hasty Journey across Iceland’
- Phoebe Tully, ‘Let Them Eat Kale’
The winner receives a cash prize of $3000; an editorial mentorship to develop their work; and a selection of new and soon-to-be-published books.
The winner will be announced at an event in Melbourne on 18 August as part of Scribe’s 40th birthday celebrations.
For more information about the award, visit the Express Media website here.
Category: Local news