ACT Book of the Year shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2016 ACT Book of the Year Award has been announced.
The shortlisted titles are:
- Locust Girl (Merlinda Bobis, Spinifex)
- The Eighties (Frank Bongiorno, Black Inc.)
- The Anchoress (Robyn Cadwallader, HarperCollins)
- Moments (Subhash Jaireth, Puncher & Wattmann)
- Illicit Love: Interracial Sex and Marriage in the United States and Australia (Ann McGrath, University of Nebraska Press).
The shortlist was chosen from 39 entries across fiction, nonfiction and poetry. This year’s judging panel comprises writers Nikki Anderson, Colin Steele and Sam Vincent.
Voting for the People’s Choice Award is now open on the artsACT website.
The winner, who will receive $10,000, will be announced at the ACT Writers Centre’s awards night in December.
Category: Local news