New Zealand Education Awards finalists announced
The finalists for the New Zealand Content Counts Education Awards have been announced.
The finalists in each category are:
- NZ Curriculum Mathematics: Connecting All Strands—Level 3B (Maryanne Tipler, Caxton Education)
- Toitoi: A Journal for Young Writers and Artists (ed by Charlotte Gibbs, Toitoi Media)
- ‘LEARNZ: Virtual Field Trips’ (CORE Education)
Best Resource in Secondary
- LEMMA: Mathematics Tasks that Promote Higher Order Thinking (Caroline Yoon, NZCER Press)
- Treaty of Waitangi: Te Tiriti O Waitangi (FJ Gibson, ESA Publication NZ)
- Geography in Focus: Teaching and Learning in Issues-based Classrooms (Mike Taylor, NZCER Press)
Best Resource in Te Reo Māori
- Whanau Fun Day on the Train (Auckland Transport, Kiwa Digital)
- Te Huakore Te Muna O Te Whatu (Helen Pearse-Otene, trans Scotty Morrison, Huia Publishers)
- Hui E ! (various authors, Huia Publishers)
- ‘Hu Kupu I Kore’ (CORE Education)
- Whakamiharo Mai (Rangi Matamua & Hemi Whaanga, Huia)
Best Resource in Higher Education
- Coaching Leadership: Building Education Leadership Capacity through Partnership (Jan Robertson, NZCER Press)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder in Aotearoa New Zealand: Promising Practices and Interesting Issues (Jill Bevan-Brown, NZCER Press)
- Elwyn Richardson and the Early World of Creative Education in New Zealand (Margaret MacDonald, NZCER Press)
Best Resource for Export
- Key Links Poetry (USA) (Jill Eggleton & Tracy Strudley, Global Education Systems)
- Key links Afrikaans Language (Jill Eggleton & Tracy Strudley, Global Education Systems)
- Key Words (Joy Cowley, Wendy Pye Publishing).
The awards celebrate ‘the quality and diversity of educational resources released in the past year by New Zealand companies to support classroom learning’.
The winners and the results of the Teachers’ Choice voting will be announced at a ceremony in Auckland on 24 November. For more information, click here.