Deborah Cass Prize 2016 shortlist announced
Writers Victoria has announced the shortlist for the second Deborah Cass Prize for emerging writers from migrant backgrounds.
The shortlisted writers and their works are:
- Jean Bachoura for ‘Night Falls’
- Katerina Craven for ‘Our Darkest Places’
- Linda Judge for ‘Mother Tongue’
- Edita Mujkic for ‘From There to Here’
- Monica Raszewski for ‘The Archaeology of a Dream City’
The shortlist was chosen from 39 entries. Entrants are judged on a 3000-word extract from an unpublished manuscript that ‘reflects at least in part on the migrant experience’. The winning author will receive $3000 and a three-month mentorship with an established writer. The completed manuscript will be presented to a publisher.
The winner will be announced at an event in Melbourne on 13 December. For more information, click here.
Category: Local news