Inaugural Horne Prize shortlist announced
The Saturday Paper and cosmetics company Aesop have announced the shortlist for the inaugural $15,000 Horne Prize for essay writing.
The shortlisted writers are:
- Chelsea Bond for ‘Mythologies of Aboriginal Culture’
- Barry Jones for ‘The Courage Party’
- Anna McGahan for ‘Brightness’
- Alexandra O’Sullivan for ‘Losing Teeth’
- Anna Spargo-Ryan for ‘The Suicide Gene’.
As previously reported by Books+Publishing, the Horne Prize was established this year as a new award for essay writing, and was named in honour of the author Donald Horne. Entries were required to address ‘some part of the theme “Australian Life”’.
The winner will be announced on 24 December, with the winning essay to be published in the Saturday Paper on the same day.
For more information on the award, visit the Horne Prize website here.
Category: Local news