Indie Book Awards 2017 shortlists announced
Leading Edge Books has announced the shortlists for the 2017 Indie Book Awards.
The shortlisted titles in each category are:
- The Good People (Hannah Kent, Picador)
- Truly Madly Guilty (Liane Moriarty, Macmillan)
- Where the Trees Were (Inga Simpson, Hachette)
- The Last Painting of Sara de Vos (Dominic Smith, A&U)
- The Hate Race (Maxine Beneba Clarke, Hachette)
- Ghost Empire (Richard Fidler, ABC Books)
- Fight Like a Girl (Clementine Ford, A&U)
- Everywhere I Look (Helen Garner, Text)
- The Birdman’s Wife (Melissa Ashley, Affirm Press)
- The Midnight Watch (David Dyer, Hamish Hamilton)
- The Dry (Jane Harper, Macmillan)
- Goodwood (Holly Throsby, A&U)
- Words in Deep Blue (Cath Crowley, Pan)
- Gemina (Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff, A&U)
- The Road to Winter (Mark Smith, Text)
- Our Chemical Hearts (Krystal Sutherland, Penguin)
- Circle (Jeannie Baker, Walker Books)
- Pig the Winner (Aaron Blabey, Scholastic)
- The 78-Storey Treehouse (Andy Griffiths & Terry Denton, Pan)
- Wormwood Mire (Judith Rossell, ABC Books).
The shortlist was chosen from a longlist announced in December. The category winners and overall book of the year will be announced at the Leading Edge Books conference in Surfers Paradise on 20 March.
For more information about the awards, visit the website here.