‘Overland’ poetry prize 2016 shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2016 Overland Judith Wright Poetry Prize for New and Emerging Poets has been announced.
The eight shortlisted poems are:
- ‘Many Girls, White Linen’ (Alison Whittaker)
- ‘Languages I Learned in Hell (Audrey Molloy)
- ‘Life Cycle’ (Dave Drayton)
- ‘OK Cupid’ (Holly Isemonger)
- ‘Thin Veil’ (K A Rees)
- ‘Self-division: Little Song Selections’ (Lachlan Brown)
- ‘Absent Self-portrait’ (Shari Kocher)
- ‘River of Crumbs’ (Sumudu Samarawickrama)
- ‘Creature Quatrains’ (Toby Davidson).
The poems were judged ‘blind’ by Overland’s poetry editor Toby Fitch and poet Jill Jones.
The prize awards a first place of $6000, with the first runner-up receiving $2000 and the second runner-up $1000. The three poems will be published in the first issue of Overland for 2017 in late March.
For more information about the shortlisted poems, visit the Overland website here.
Category: Local news