ALS Gold Medal 2017 longlist announced
The longlist for the 2017 Australian Literature Society (ALS) Gold Medal has been announced.
The longlisted titles are:
- One Hundred Letters Home (Adam Aitken, Vagabond)
- The Easy Way Out (Steven Amsterdam, Hachette)
- Between a Wolf and a Dog (Georgia Blain, Scribe)
- Ghostspeaking (Peter Boyle, Vagabond)
- Letters to Pessoa (Michelle Cahill, Giramondo)
- Bull Days (Tina Giannoukous, Arcadia)
- Ahead of Us (Dennis Haskell, Fremantle Press)
- The High Places (Fiona McFarlane, Hamish Hamilton)
- Music and Freedom (Zoe Morrison, Vintage)
- Wood Green (Sean Rabin, Giramondo)
- The Museum of Modern Love (Heather Rose, A&U)
- Ruins (Rajith Savandasa, Hachette).
The ALS Gold Medal is presented annually by the Association for the Study of Australian Literature (ASAL) for a ‘work of outstanding literary merit’ published in the previous calendar year. Last year’s winner was Brenda Niall’s Mannix (Text).