Readings Children’s Book Prize 2017 shortlist announced
The shortlist for the Readings Children’s Book Prize for 2017 has been announced.
The shortlisted titles are:
- Escape to Moon Islands (Mardi McConnochie, A&U)
- A Most Magical Girl (Karen Foxlee, Piccadilly Books)
- Squishy Taylor and the Bonus Sisters (Ailsa Wild, HGE)
- The Secrets We Keep (Nova Weetman, UQP)
- Elizabeth and Zenobia (Jessica Miller, Text)
- Grover finds a Home (Claire Garth, Black Inc.).
The shortlist was chosen by Readings children’s specialists Athina Clarke, Alexa Dretzke, Dani Solomon and Holly Harper. Children’s author Elizabeth Honey will join the panel to choose the winner.
The Readings Children’s Book Prize ‘recognises and celebrates Australian books that children love to read, and raises the profile of debut and on-the-rise Australian children’s book authors’. It only considers books by authors who have published no more than four children’s books for five- to 12-year-olds.
Readings Children’s Book Prize manager Angela Crocombe said of the shortlist: ‘There’s something for every child to delight in and be transported by. For the younger readers we have an animal adventure and a mystery story, both the first in a series. We also have a swashbuckling, seafaring adventure; the story of a haunted house; and a magical fight between good and evil.’
For more information, click here.