VIPs announced for 2017 SWF
The Australia Council for the Arts has announced the guests attending the 2017 Visiting International Publishers (VIPs) Program, to be held during the Sydney Writers’ Festival in May.
The guests are:
- Sarah Crichton, editor and publisher, Sarah Crichton Books, US
- Giulia de Biase, editor-in-chief of foreign fiction, Edizioni Piemme, Italy
- Catherine Eccles, owner and literary scout, Eccles Fisher Associates, UK
- Marta Hedener, head of publishing, B Wahlströms Bokförlag, Sweden
- Vatsala Kaul Banerjee, publisher of children’s and reference books, Hachette India
- Päivi Koivisto-Alanko, publishing manager of fiction, Tammi Publishers, Finland
- Arianne Lewin, executive editor, G P Putnam’s Sons, Penguin Random House US
- Grace Menary-Winefield, associate editor of adult fiction and nonfiction, Sourcebooks, US
- Monique Oosterhof, founder and literary agent, Mo Literary Services, Netherlands
- Christian Rohr, editor of international fiction, C Bertelsmann, Random House Germany
- Amy Spangler, director and literary agent, AnatoliaLit, Turkey
- S R Kannan Sundaram, founder, managing director and publisher, Kalachuvadu Publications, India
- Gray Tan, founder and president, The Grayhawk Agency, Taiwan
- Gita Wolf, founder, publisher and author, Tara Books, India.
This year’s VIPs program will be held from 24-26 May, and will include an industry forum, networking lunch, panel discussions and welcome drinks on 24 May, followed by two days of business meetings.
The VIPs Program aims to promote rights sales of Australian titles in overseas markets and to strengthen the ties between Australian and international publishers.
Registrations for the program open in mid-March. For more information about the program and guests, visit the Australia Council website here.
Category: Local news