Writers awarded OzCo international residencies for 2017-18
A number of writers have been awarded international residencies for 2017-18 as part of the Australia Council’s program.
The writers are:
- Josephine Rowe, to build on her collection of short stories Horse Latitudes at BR Whiting, Rome
- Kristel Thornell, to research and work on her third novel Savage Nostalgia at BR Whiting, Rome
- Melissa Ashley, to research and work on her new historical novel The Be and the Orange Tree at Cité International des Arts Studio, Paris
- Laith McGregor, to explore the work of iconic Finnish artist Tove Jansson at Helsinki International Artist Programme
- Tessa Rapaprt, to develop a new work ‘exploring Finnish mushroom cultures in relation to Anthropocene discourse, climate change and the nonhuman’ at Helsinki International Artist Programme
- Michelle Wright, to research and work on her second novel at Keesing Studio, Paris
- Wayne Macauley, to work on a suite of new short fiction at Keesing Studio, Paris.
For more information about the Australia Council’s international residencies program, click here.
Category: Local news