Relaunched Folio Prize releases shortlist
In the UK, the shortlist for the relaunched Rathbones Folio Prize, which has been expanded to include nonfiction, has been announced.
The shortlisted titles are:
- The Vanishing Man (Laura Cumming, Vintage)
- The Return (Hisham Matar, Viking)
- This Census-Taker (China Miéville, Picador)
- The Sport of Kings (C E Morgan, Fourth Estate)
- The Argonauts (Maggie Nelson, Text)
- Golden Hill (Francis Spufford, Faber)
- Do Not Say We Have Nothing (Madeleine Thien, Granta)
- Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War (Robin Yassin-Kassab & Leila Al-Shami, Pluto Press)
The judges said they were ‘delighted to have worked with a prize that rewards exceptionally good writing in novels and nonfiction alike, and honours and showcases brilliantly innovative, uncategorisable books’.
The award is open to any English-language book regardless of form. All the books considered for the prize are nominated by the Folio Academy, an international group of writers and critics.
The winner will be announced in London on 24 May and will receive £20,000 (A$33,080). For more information about the prize, click here.
Category: International news